The City of Azle has issued a Third Amended Disaster Declaration of Public Health effective through April 30, 2020.
Gov Abbot has issued Executive Order No. GA-14 relating to COVID-19 and Tarrant County has issued a modified Executive Order. City staff participate in daily conference calls with federal, state, and county officials to stay up-to-date on the developments with COVID-19. The City is providing deep cleaning procedures at public buildings to help support the safety of the public and City employees. However, following the guidance of state and county recommendations to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City has initiated the following:
At this time, all City Facilities are closed to the public, however, staff continue to work to meet the needs of Azle residents and businesses. Fire and police remain operational and responsive to all emergencies. All city business may be conducted either online, via email, by mail or by phone. For questions or assistance, please call (817) 444-2541.
- Azle Memorial Library (closed until May 4, 2020)
- Azle Senior Center (until further notice) - Senior Center staff will be making phone calls to its participants to check on them
- All City Community Buildings - All recreation classes and events held in the BJ Clark Building, BJ Clark Annex, and Emmanuel Building are cancelled.
- Cross Timbers Golf Course - Course is closed to the public, but staff will continue to maintain the course.
- Music in the Park - has been rescheduled to June & July.
- Garage Sales - No garage sales permits will be issued until further notice.
- Azle Animal Shelter - has suspended all adoption events and has adopted the attached operating procedures . The Shelter is open and we welcome you to visit our furry friends and take one home, however, this will be by appointment only.
- Azle Municipal Court - has cancelled all court appearances and hearings for the month of March and April. We are currently taking payments by phone at 817-444-2541 as well as online at www.trafficpayment.com . If you have a court hearing, you will be notified by mail or phone as soon as court dates have been rescheduled. If you need assistance with your case, please contact one of the following court personnel:
Felicia King - Court Administrator Amber Watson - Court Clerk
817-444-5088 Direct Line 817-444-5296 Direct Line
- City Parks have limited use:
Central Park: All uses in the park are closed except for the walking trail. Pavilion and amphitheater closed.
Shady Grove Park: All uses in the park are closed except for the walking trail and the tennis courts. Beach area is closed.
Ash Creek Park: All uses in the park are closed except for the disc golf course.
Melanie Park: CLOSED
Dusk Park: CLOSED
- City water supply - Azle water customers can continue to use and drink water from their tap as usual as COVID-19 is not present in drinking water supplies. Azle’s Water Treatment Plant disinfection processes provides protection that includes filtration and disinfection of our surface water supplies and disinfection of our ground water sources. Additional information
In order to minimize personal contact, you may pay your utility bill, court traffic fine, or get accident reports using our on-line payment systems. You can also drop off your utility bill at our night drop box located at City Hall, 505 W. Main St - Bldg 1.
We encourage all residents to stay up-to-date on this ever-changing COVID-19 situation by visiting the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website and Tarrant County Health Department website.
We will continue to monitor information from the CDC, state and county health officials and adjust our response as necessary to ensure the health and safety of our residents and staff. Please continue to monitor this website for updated information on the city’s response to this situation.