It's HOT out, and you’re out to enjoy a relaxing dip in the swimming pool. Before you dive into the fun, be sure you’re familiar with the City’s ordinance regarding pool barriers, fences and gates to make SAFETY your number one priority.
1) Barriers enclosing a swimming pool shall be at least four feet (4') in height from the nearest level of earth and constructed to prohibit young children from crawling underneath, going
through or over the barrier.
2) The barrier shall be constructed to have no opening, other than doors or gates, larger than four inches (4") in width.
3) Where picket-type fence is provided, horizontal openings between pickets shall not exist except for manufacturing tolerances in assembly.
4) All new stockade fences shall have the horizontal support members located on the swimming pool side of the fence.
5) Where access gates are used, they shall be at least four feet (4') in height and conform to subsections (1) and (2) of Article 3.1200, Sec. 3.1207--Swimming Pools; Barrier;
6) All gates or doors that allow entrance into the enclosed swimming pool area, excluding those doors or gates that allow entrance into the pool area from inside the home or building,
shall be equipped with self-closing and self-latching devices which shall be maintained in good working condition.
Contact Code Enforcement at 817-444-4065 or email for more information or if you have questions.