Deferred Disposition

Request for a Deferred Disposition

You may wish to request deferred disposition (probation) for your citation to keep a moving traffic offense off your driving record. Requests for deferred disposition for any other offense must be made before the municipal court judge. Persons under the age of 25 at the time of their violation must appear before the municipal court judge to request deferred disposition. You may appear at the court clerks office to obtain a court appearance date. Deferred cases are suspended for a period of time set by the judge. You will be required to pay a fine as a special expense fee in order to receive deferred disposition and receive no other violations during your deferral period.

You are not eligible for deferred if you hold a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).

Deferred Disposition Requirements

In order to request deferred disposition, you will be required to do the following:

  • Appear within 20 days from the date of offense in person or writing
  • Submit a written request for deferred disposition  (Form)
  • Enter a plea of guilty or no contest
  • Waive your right to a trial by judge or jury
  • Pay the fine and court costs as a special expense fee
  • You must not have received any citations with the City of Azle in the past 6 months
  • You will be on deferred for 30-180 days. As long as you do not receive another citation and pay your fees, the citation will be dismissed and not appear on your driving record

Offenses not Qualified for Deferred Disposition

  • Speeding 21 miles per hour or more over the limit in a regular zone
  • Speeding 11 miles per hour or more over the limit in a school zone
  • Speeding in a construction zone with workers present
  • Speeding 15 miles per hour or more in a construction zone with no workers present

If you fail to comply with the conditions or requirements ordered by the judge, a conviction will appear on your driving record. If you meet all the above requirements for deferred disposition, you may download the form here, print and fill it out and return it to the Azle Municipal Court with the appropriate deferred fee. You may contact the court office to obtain the amount due for deferred disposition.